Blood Curse (Book 5 of the Dragon Heat series)
Title – Blood Curse (Book 5 of the Dragon Heat series)
Author – Ella J Phoenix
Author – Ella J Phoenix
Genre – Paranormal Romance
Publication date – May 1, 2016
Publisher – Self Publishing
Publisher – Self Publishing
Word count - 98,500
· Amazon - http://goo.gl/nHVOB8
· iTunes - https://goo.gl/XX2nfj
· Kobo - https://goo.gl/e4sJp4
· Barnes&Noble - http://goo.gl/LMYK4s
· AllRomanceEbooks - http://goo.gl/wiAySx
· Smashwords - https://goo.gl/IVWSiv
Contacting Ella J Phoenix
Facebook - www.facebook.com/ellaj.phoenix
Twitter - twitter.com/ellajphoenix
On the launch weekend, from Friday, April 29 to Sunday, May 1, the latest novel in the Dragon Heat series, Blood Curse, will be FREE on iTunes, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, ARE & Smashwords.
To celebrate the release of yet another book in the series, Dragon Heat (Book 1) is completely free of charge on iTunes, Kobo, Barnes & Noble, ARE & Smashwords, and it’s just 0.99c on Amazon.
Back cover Introduction
Descendant of a Cherokee shaman, Dyam is one of the vampire king’s personal guards and closest advisors. He has seen the worst of mankind and has vouched to stay away from romance and focus on serving his king. However, his resolve is shaken when Naiah, the water witch, finds her way into the busy vampire castle’s life, and straight into his heart. But before he can nurture his feelings for her, she is killed in battle, causing Dyam to return to his self-imposed seclusion for good.
Little does he know that Naiah has been brought back to life by his kind’s most infamous enemies. She is their ultimate weapon in a final battle that will rupture not only the balance in the supernatural world but Dyam’s loyalty to his race.
***Warning: this novel contains hot, steamy, descriptive sexual scenes. Enjoy.***
About the Author
I was just nine years old when I discovered my passion for the paranormal world. That passion led me to a bachelor’s degree in Performing Arts where I had my first taste in writing, conjuring children’s plays and re-writing Shakespearean masterpieces to suit the modern times (Yes, he’s still cringing in his grave).
After years traveling around the world, translating other people's novels and devouring paranormal romances, I realized the real world wasn't fun without a touch of magic, and decided to purge my own crazy stories into paper, well, into word doc, to be more precise.
My busy life with a demanding full-time job and a very loving husband (I'm so not complaining!) don't allow me much spare time, but somehow every night I find myself in front of the computer, exorcising the millions of stories stored in my sanity-challenged mind.
My novels are tales of love and passion between strong female leads and hot heroes, bathed in paranormal magic, of course.
I live in Sydney, Australia, the land of koalas (which are not bears), kangaroos (which are not boxing champions) and Vegemite (a black spread that should have never been invented. Seriously, don’t try it).
If you want to know what I’m up to, just find me on www.facebook.com/ellaj.phoenix
Ten things you didn’t know about Ella J Phoenix
- I really suck at interviews
- I love cheese more than I love chocolate
- I love wine more than I love cheese... no, actually that’s not true.
- I love a good debate
- I hate politics
- I truly believe in destiny
- Mainly because I met my husband is a true destiny-knocking-on-your-door kind of situation
- I’m a frustrated actress who found her spotlight in singing
- I’m a frustrated singer who found her voice in writing
- I’m addicted to awesome paranormal romance as much as you are
One Minute with Ella J. Phoenix
1. Where do you do most of your writing?
In my guest bedroom/home office, away from everything else.
2. Who are your favorite authors?
Oh, they are so many! Jane Austen, Nahili Singh, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Christine Feehan, and all the great indie authors out there!
3. What's the one genre you absolutely will NOT write about? Why?
I never say never, but “Self Help” books are not my thing.
4. Do you use people you know as characters? And do you tell them if you do?
Maybe and maybe… but you’ll never know. :)
5. Have you had any creepy fan experience yet?
No, not creepy, but I’ve had a few fans contacting me on Facebook as they read my novels. It was awesome to experience their journey through the story with them. It’s the best compliment an author can have in my opinion.
6. Does your family know about ALL the books/stories you've written, or are you keeping a few hidden?
My immediate family are my biggest fans. But unfortunately, sex is still a taboo in many communities, including mine. Not everyone understands how liberating a good erotic romance can be. Maybe one day we’ll be able to share our stories without the fear of retaliation and hypocritical judgement.
7. Last, but not least, is there anything you would like to say to your fans?
I write because I have a million stories and characters in my mind. It’s my therapy, my escape from reality, my happy place. Without you, my fans, I would be just a crazy woman locked in a boring day job or in a mental institution. So, thank you for your support and I hope my novels bring magic into your days as much as they bring to mine.