BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Out Now! Phoenix Rising: A novel of Anne Boleyn @HunterSJones101 #HistoricalFiction #Review


Phoenix Rising by Hunter S. Jones

I’ve been a fan of Hunter S. Jones work, since I read September Ends, so I was thrilled to receive an ARC (advance reading copy) of Phoenix Rising.
Jones’ talent at spinning a good yarn is well known, and the subject matter is intriguing.

The legendary story of Henry VIII’s second queen consort has captivated us for generations. Anne Boleyn was charged with incest, witchcraft, adultery and conspiracy - imprisoned and executed. The controversy surrounding her rise and fall has been written about many times, but never in such a clever and entertaining way as in Phoenix Rising.

Astrology played a big part in Tudor life. Using this as a starting point the author reveals her story through an astrology chart, or star map, as they were known in Tudor England. My first thought was – wow, what a great idea for a premise! And Ms Jones ability to tell a good story backs it up all the way. You don’t want to miss this deliciously readable account of her last hour. 





BLURB


The last hour of Anne Boleyn's life...

Court intrigue, revenge and all the secrets of the last hour are revealed as one queen falls and another rises to take her place on destiny's stage.

A young Anne Boleyn arrives at the court of King Henry VIII. She is to be presented at the Shrovetide pageant, le Château Vert. The young and ambitious Anne has no idea that a chance encounter before the pageant will lead to her capturing the heart of the king. What begins as a distraction becomes his obsession and leads to her destruction.

Love, hate, loyalty and betrayal come together in a single dramatic moment... the execution of a queen. The history of England will be changed for ever.





 Author Bio

The art form I create is much more interesting than anything you will ever know or learn about me.

However, since you ask, I am author and blogger Hunter S. Jones from Atlanta, GA. I have lived in Tennesse and Georgia my entire life, except for one 'Lost Summer' spent in LA.

Music is my first and true love although I have no musical skills or abilities. Throughout my life, I have written something/anything. My first 'gig' was for an indie/alternative rock rag in Nashville. Since then I have published articles on travel, fashion, history and art.


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Hunter S. Jones said...

Thank you so much Gale. This is such a pleasant surprise!

Gale Stanley said...

Thanks for a great read! Wishing you much success with the release!