BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Author Spotlight: Love Me Sane by Tralisa McNeal #Interview #Contempory #Inspirational #Excerpt



Today I'm interviewing author Tralisa McNeal. Her book - Love Me Sane - is a powerful, heartfelt story about a woman struggling with issues of  abuse. I'm anxious to find out more about the story, and how Tralisa came to write it.

Hi Tralisa and welcome! Can you tell us a little bit about yourself? 

I am a divorced mother of one child. I had eight siblings. My oldest sister passed away in 2007. I am the youngest girl in the family. I have a brother who is 11 months younger than me.

How did you choose the genre you write in? 

My life experiences dictate the genre. For example if I like the experience I may write non-fiction. However, if I don’t like the experience I may change the ending and turn the story into realistic fiction which is what I did with my first book Love Me Sane. I also write poetry which is based on real or imaginary experiences. I wrote a non-fiction book from my son’s perspective about the death of my sister. The title of the book is “Please Auntie Don’t Leave Without Saying Goodbye.” Obviously this was not a happy experience but the lesson was too important to alter. The purpose of the book is to teach children about death, dying and grief. 

Do you work with an outline, or just write?

I do not work with an outline. My writing schedule is very flexible so I don’t experience writers block. I write when I feel like it. When I first started writing my book Love Me Sane I had a very rigid schedule which would stress me out. About the middle of the book I felt like I had a deadline to meet even if I felt like I didn’t have anything to say that day. Consequently I am learning me as a professional writer and stress is not what allows my creative juices to flow. Now, I write because I want to and not because I have to. I will not cloud my passion with negativity.

Is there any particular author or book that influenced you in any way either growing up or as an adult? 

Judy Blume had a significant impact on my writing career. I remember thinking if she can write I can too.

Can you tell us about your challenges in getting your first book published?

I had two major challenges with writing my first book. The first was formatting my book properly to download on Createspace and Amazon, I really struggled through that but I made it through in the dark so the next book will be just as challenging. The second was editing. I absolutely hate editing.

What project are you working on now?

I am working on several projects at the moment. The most important is the sequel to Love Me Sane titled Beyond Transgressions.

Will you have a new book coming out soon?

Yes, I will have Beyond Transgressions coming out mid spring and I’m not sure when my poetry book will be available. I have written enough poems to complete a book I just haven’t done it yet.

What has been the toughest criticism given to you as an author? What has been the best compliment?

The toughest criticism has been because of my choice of words. The purpose of this book is to draw people to Christ. But, I’m often criticized because of the profanity which I call profanity with a purpose. My word choice is intentional. I want to inform the reader that no one is perfect and no matter how far down we go God still forgives us.

Do you have any advice to give to aspiring writers?

Everybody has a story to tell just don’t give up until you’ve told yours.

Is there anything that you would like to say to your readers and fans?

I thrive on feedback. I need to hear from you.

Author's Links

Website: http://lovemesane.wordpress.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tralisa.mcneal
Blog: http://bookblogs.ning.com/profile/TralisaMcNeal

Poetry Blog: http://wp.me/25ozb 


*****
LOVE ME SANE

BLURB

My name is Stacey Jones. I honestly believe that my sole purpose
for being on Earth is to establish a solid trusting relationship with a loving God so that I may spend an eternity with him in heaven. How can I build a connection with a God who sometimes seems evasive, unrealistic and egocentric? I should be ashamed to say this, but I've blessed and cursed Jesus in the same breath. Later, I'm asking for forgiveness. Is this too much information for the "perfect Christian"? I'm sure you've passed all tested trials with flying colors. You think this is a secret I should keep to myself? I disagree. I wish I could say life's been good and worth living, but there have been many days when I've begged the "Good Lord" to take me out of here. I've always been somebody's perfect victim. My questions scare the "ideal Christians." I pretend like everything's okay, singing songs of praise and worshipping a God I don't understand, who disappears just when I think I'm getting close to him. Rod believes this is blasphemy so I'm trapped. I look to heaven and scream, "Enough already." I don't want to go to hell. I've taken chances on Rod's convictions. But, now I've reached my spiritual bottom. His faith can no longer sustain me. I'm not ashamed to ask, "Will you trudge with me on this journey to find my God?


www.createspace.com/3732266
http://www.amazon.com/Love-Me-Sane-Tralisa-McNeal/dp/146798311
https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/tralisamcneal


Share/Bookmark

0 comments: