BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, October 7, 2013

Another Birthday! This is really getting old.




Ironically, in the story snippet I posted the other day, St Clair was feeling his age. At the time I wasn't thinking about my own birthday. Actually, I was trying to ignore it, but it's next to impossible.
 
Every other day I get something in the mail from AARP, or some adult living community, or medical insurance… Tossing the junk mail doesn't help. When I log onto my laptop, the inbox is overflowing with the same junk.
 
Then there're my own personal reminders— the weight gain that I simply can't get rid of. Forget exercise. It's so damn frustrating because whatever I do has no effect on my body. So why bother when I have no energy anyway.  And I'm always forgetting things. My office is papered with post it notes, but I forget to look at them.  
 
What was I saying…?
 
Oh yeah. No energy, and weird aches and pains that mean more frequent doctor visits. Getting older sucks.
 
That's when Hubby suggested we take off for the beach. The weather was a gorgeous eighty degrees but… Fortunately, we have great kids who immediately volunteered to take care of the cats, which is not as simple as filling a water bowl. Spike gets insulin shots twice a day. But the kids were happy to do it, so off we went.


 




And I'm so happy we did. Getting out of town was just what the doctor ordered. The ocean is like the fountain of youth. Just breathing in the salt air and digging your toes in the sand is rejuvenating. A few margaritas don't hurt either. I could not have asked for a more beautiful weekend. I’m grateful for what I have, and getting older isn't all bad. Along the way, I've gained a ton of experience, and learned from my mistakes.

Watching the sun rise over the ocean, I'm witnessing the start of a brand new day, full of promise and I'm anticipating what's to come--even another birthday, especially another birthday.
 
 
 


Grow old with me!  The best is yet to be.  ~Robert Browning
 
Do not regret growing older.  It is a privilege denied to many.  ~Author Unknown


Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

Nicola Cameron said...

Happiest of happies, Gale!