BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Super Book Blast: A Kiss to Die For by Gail Barrett #Romance #Suspense #GoddessFish




Welcome to the Super Book Blast for Gail Barrett's new release - A Kiss to Die For.
Enjoy the excerpt and don't forget to comment. Gail will be awarding a $25 Amazon gift certificate and either a signed print copy (US ONLY) or an electronic copy of Fatal Exposure (Buried Secrets book one) to one randomly drawn commenter during this tour and her other Super Book Blast on August 27th.

Follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found here: 



 A Kiss to Die For
by Gail Barrett
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
BLURB:

Homeless Army veteran Sullivan Turner is nobody’s hero.  His failure to save his fallen comrades proved that.  So when a gutsy social worker gets caught in a drug gang’s crosshairs, he knows he’s the last man who can safeguard her and the pregnant teenagers she’s trying to protect. 
Former debutant Haley Barnes learned the hard way how to survive.  After witnessing a cold-blooded murder, the terrified teenaged runaway changed her identity and hid to save her life.  But when the killer tracks her down and attacks the girls in the homeless shelter she now runs, Haley knows the time has come to stand and fight.  But to bring down the powerful killer she must confront her high-society family’s darkest secrets -- and convince wounded warrior Sully Turner he’s the hero she believes.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excerpt:


His quiet words rumbled through her, eliciting a host of emotions she’d locked away long ago -- regret, hope, a longing for the kind of love she’d never have.
She twisted her mouth into a smile.  “Yeah, well, I learned to accept reality a long time ago -- who I am, what my parents are like, what I can never be.  And I don’t waste energy wishing for things that I can’t have.”
He nodded, his gaze on their entwined hands.  He ran his thumb over her wrist, the warm caress soothing, steadying, making her feel that she wasn’t alone.
“The war changed me, Haley.  What happened there, in Afghanistan, I don’t want to talk about that.  But it was bad.”  His voice turned raw.  “I don’t know why I survived.  I shouldn’t have.  By rights I should be dead right now.  And when I came back home, I couldn’t cope.”
The agony in his voice made her belly clench, and she longed to pull him close.  “I started to drink,” he continued.  “It was the only way I could make it through the nights.  I thought it would beat back the flashbacks and help me forget.”
“Did it?”
He hesitated, then shook his head.  “No.  I still have the flashbacks.  But now I’m addicted, too.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
AUTHOR Bio and Links:
 

Gail Barrett is the award-winning author of thirteen romantic suspense novels.  A former RITA® and Daphne finalist, Gail has received the Book Buyer’s Best Award, the Holt Medallion, the Booksellers Best, The National Readers’ Choice Award, and numerous other awards.  She lives with her husband in Western Maryland.  For more information, visit her website:
www.gailbarrett.com.

 
Buy Links:
 
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Romantic-Suspense-Buried-Secrets-ebook/dp/B00BNRHMWI/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1375097894&sr=1-1&keywords=a+kiss+to+die+for

BN:  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-kiss-to-die-for-gail-barrett/1114668433?ean=9780373278367

 



 


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Goddess Fish Promotions said...

Thanks for hosting!

Gail Barrett said...

It's a pleasure to be here today. Thanks for hosting me!

bn100 said...

Nice excerpt

bn100candg at hotmail dot com