BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 15, 2013

My Two Wives and Three Husbands #BookReview




My Two Wives and Three Husbands is a wonderful read—a true love story as well as a coming of age story. I wanted to read this book for two reasons. First, because I read and write GLBT romance, and secondly because there is a family connection. The author is my ex-husband's uncle. I'm sorry to say I didn't get to know Mr. Gordon. He lived across the country. My loss. Stanley Gordon is an interesting man, who lives life to the fullest.

This biography shows just how far society has come since the author grew up Jewish and gay in the late thirties. Discriminated against as a young boy, he learned to hide his true self. But his story is full of optimism and he tells of a life filled with rich experiences, family and good friends. Along the way he became a doctor of Optometry, started a chain of optical offices throughout the country, and pursued a dream of producing theatrical shows. But above all his story is about finding love and doing what makes you happy. I highly recommend it.
 

Amazon Blurb: The true story of one man's search for love, first in the straight world, then in the gay one. Told against a background of success in professional work and adventures in show business (Broadway and London). Family interaction becomes positive; love triumphs.
Show more Show less 

Available at Amazon:
 
Author's website: http://www.sstanleygordonauthor.com/


Share/Bookmark

0 comments: