BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Point of Beginning #Review #GLBT #HEA




I was very happy to find a new home at Siren for Point of Beginning. I love all my characters, but Jack Monroe and Alex James are special to me. Computer geek, Jack is a CAD technician in a survey construction office, a job that I did myself for many years. Hunky stud, Alex James is a surveyor/stripper who works on a survey crew. I did that too. NOT the stripper.
 

The office they work in is modeled after the one I worked in. Bits and pieces of my friends and coworkers are scattered throughout the story. Last year, one of those friends went to the big stakeout in the sky and I dedicated the book to him.
 

Needless to say, I was thrilled when the first review for the revamped story was a whooping good one. I reprinted it below.
 

4.5 Kisses - Highly Recommended! - from Top 2 Bottom Reviews.
 

 

4.5 KISSES: "To my knowledge this is the first book I’ve read by this author and I have to say, I really enjoyed every minute I spent reading this story. I thought the author had a really good grasp on her characters and the fast-paced storyline kept my attention from beginning to end. Lately, Jackson has been confused about his sexuality. Never one to date a lot, he’s been troubled from his attraction to his co-worker, Alex. Believing that he’s kept his attraction to men at bay, he finally allows himself to be true to his feelings toward other men…especially Alex. But Jackson thinks his feelings for Alex will be unrequited…after all, why would a handsome man (and apparently straight) man like Alex give Jackson a second glance? After all, Jackson is very aware that he lives a quiet, unassuming life. He doesn’t have a lot of friends and prefers to be home, whereas, someone as handsome as Alex would never look twice at a regular guy like him, right? Ever since Alex laid eyes on the quiet, sexy and shy Jackson he’s been immediately drawn to him. But Alex isn’t out at work and although Alex suspects Jackson is attracted to him; there hasn’t been the right time to approach him. Plus, Jackson has a tendency to be quite skittish when he’s around, so Alex wonders if the opportunity to talk with Jackson will ever present itself. One night Jackson is taken to an exclusive Gentleman’s club by a well-intentioned friend. He’s finally decided to let his hair down and to try and get over Alex, so when he discovers that there will be some entertainment from some sexy male strippers, Jackson is game. But when he spots the man of his dreams standing on stage stripping for the other men at the club, Jackson is both turned on and horrified. How could Alex allow himself to strip down for others like he does? Will Jackson be able to gather up the courage and talk to Alex or will his fear, insecurity and jealousy keep him from having the man he wants most of all? I loved the sizzling attraction Jackson and Alex had for each other. I liked how they were able to work through some of their own hang-ups so they could take a chance on love. Both Jackson and Alex are likeable, realistically written men that were easy to root for. I thought they were a great fit together and enjoyed watching them work thought their differences to be together. I truly hated to see the book come to an end. I would have liked to have seen these two heroes mesh their lives to be together. I thought the ending was a little abrupt, but it is the first book in a series, so I hope there will be more about this couple in the future. Point of Beginning starts the Gentleman’s Club series off with a bang! Keep the fan turned on and a cold drink handy! Between the sizzling chemistry and hot sex these two men shared together is erotically delicious! I can’t wait to read the next book in the series and will actively be looking for more books written by Gale Stanley in the future. Highly Recommended!" -- Gabbi, Top 2 Bottom Reviews

 BLURB:
 
 
Geeky CAD technician Jack Monroe is bi-curious, but after he falls head over heels for a certain curly-haired construction surveyor, he’s ready to admit he’s gay. Too bad Alex James is straight and has a girlfriend who keeps him on a short leash.

Jack is determined to meet other gay men, but after a few dates from hell, he's ready to give up. Then he meets Richard Caldwell, part owner of the exclusive Gentlemen’s Club where wealthy members can make their dreams come true. Richard takes Jack under his wing and offers him a chance to act out his fantasy with an Alex lookalike. Nobody can replace Alex, but knowing the real thing is off-limits, Jack accepts the offer. When the real deal shows up, Jack is convinced that Alex is only there for the money. But sometimes dreams do come true.
Available at Amazon:
and
Available at Bookstrand:



 

 


Share/Bookmark

0 comments: