BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 25, 2013

Whoo-hoo! I'm going to Thailand.


Anyone who knows me, knows how anxious I've been to visit Thailand. Ever since I wrote One Night in Bangkok, it's been my dream. The more research I did, the more I fell in love with Bangkok, but the timing was off.

This year the stars are aligned and everything is coming together. Spike, my diabetic cat is in remission and not getting insulin shots any more. The taxes are done and we haven't been totally skewered. And an early registration discount on a guided tour was too cheap to pass up. I'm not usually big on tours, but we'll be flying in early and leaving a day late, so we'll have some time on our own. And I do think sharing this experience with a group will be fun.

It feels like a freakin' dream, but I don't have to pinch myself to know it's going to happen. There's a big non-refundable chunk out of my savings account that makes it all very real. The furthest I've traveled is England and Wales, which I loved and hope to visit again one day. But now we're flying halfway round the world, yep, 180 degrees, to the hottest city in the world.

The trip is a long way off, but I already dug out all my old research and bought 3 travel guides. I am so psyched! If anyone wants to do some armchair traveling, I'll be posting more as the time gets closer. And of course there will be lots of photos. Right now, I'm going to watch The Hangover Part II.

And here's a look back at the book that started it all.


The temperature in Bangkok is a humid ninety degrees but things are about to get a lot hotter. David Elliot is in Thailand on business but when he meets Kai, the younger man turns his world upside down. It was never meant to be anything more than a pleasant diversion but can he walk away when it’s over?
 
Available at Amazon:
 




Share/Bookmark

0 comments: