BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Guest Blogger: Slave Nano



The relationship between dungeon mistress and author

During the second week of my two week blog tour to promote my new book, ‘Alice in Fetishland’ I’m discussing some of the various themes related to the book.

In today’s blog I want to talk about the relationship between writer and real-life dominatrix which has influenced my writing, especially in relation to my new book ‘Adventures in Fetishland’.   Basically, I was inspired to start writing through serving an especially creative dungeon mistress for a number of years who was very skilled at creating scenes, assuming different characters, improvising and story-telling.  I started writing because I wanted to contribute to the scenes my mistress had imagined and add some of my creativity to them and discovered that story-telling was a great way of doing that. My ‘Adventures in Fetishland’ book is pretty much homage to her and the scenes she created. 

In particular, within the main story-line describing the relationship between Kim and the Red Queen and the former’s journey of submission to the latter, are the two tales retold by the ‘black cat’ character that relate Kim’s back-story.  These two tales originated as stories that formed a story cycle that were part of real time dungeon sessions.  One of the things mistress would do was set me a mission.  This usually involved the rescue of a pagan goddess and a set of trials or challenges that had to be passed through to complete the mission.  She would create the scene and the key tests, sometimes providing me with tools necessary for completion of the task or introducing characters who would assist me or oppose me.  I had to fill out the story, working out how I would complete the mission and overcome the tests laid down for me. I would report back to her dungeon and read back the story, with her usually finding some fault with how it was completed, which I had to be punished for!.  This is how these two tales were originally conceived.  Although originally I thought the stories created in this way probably weren’t suitable for publication I felt they worked well for ‘Adventures in Fetishland’ to create the back story for Kim. 

Although my experiences are unusual in many ways it’s not surprising that such a relationship between the creative process of writing and scenes created by a dominatrix should co-exist so easily.  Dungeon mistresses use their powers of psychology, imagination, character, tone of voice and scene setting, as well as their more obvious physical attributes and presence, to control and manipulate their submissives to their will. Dommes have a wonderful sense of theatre and drama, which at its most intense level goes way beyond simple role playing.  I know I learnt an enormous amount about the use of language, dialogue, pace and timing from being in and observing the scenes created by a dungeon mistress. It was an inspiration and privilege to be touched by that and then to go on and translate some of it into my writing. 

Story blurb

In this bdsm re-invention of the Alice stories Kim’s life takes an unexpected twist when she is taken from the massage parlour she works in to a fetish fantasy world ruled over by the Red Queen, a powerful dominatrix. There, an intense psychological drama is played out between the two women as Kim enters a journey into submission. The Red Queen assumes different characters who torment Kim in a series of trials ranging from the funny and strange to the sadistic and erotic.  Kim is lured deeper into this world by hints the Red Queen knows something about her past.  Why has she been chosen to serve this powerful female?  Why is the Red Queen so interested in her?  When Kim finally finds out the truth, it is shocking and bizarre.

Buy links

Adventures in Fetishland is available at:






Extract from book

“Now Goddess Nemesis set a mission for me.  She sent me to a marble temple in Constantinople, which used to be a place of devotion to the goddesses but which had been captured by the Knights Templar. It was here that the thirteen acolytes were being held. Goddess Nemesis described the layout of the temple to me, gave precise instructions and provided  certain symbols and tools to aid me with the quest to seek out the thirteen girls and return them all, in tact, to the goddesses.”

“Tell me, I want to know everything Nano, don’t leave anything out.” Kim urged.

The black cat eagerly took up Kim’s request as he assumed the role of a skald, a travelling story teller, and began his magical tale.

“I had been directed to the hills outside Constantinople.  When I looked back, in the distance, I could see the huge dome and pointed minarets of the Church of Hagia Sophia.  In front of me, as Goddess Nemisis described, was a pure white marble temple.  The setting sun cast its light over the wall basking it in an orange glow.  I walked warily the couple of hundred yards towards the marble wall.

I stood before a sheer golden gate, a single sheet of pure gold dazzling in the twilight sun.  There was no lock, no hinge, no blemish and no sign of how it would be possible to enter. I had been told  the temple was protected by a guardian who would help me, so I waited.  As the sun sank in the east and darkness descended the walls of the marble temple became illuminated by the luminous glow of a full moon.  I felt in my bones the deep spirituality of this moment, a sense of impending change and foreboding came over me.  I was conscious of a presence and beside me a large wolf with a shaggy red coat appeared.  It turned its head towards me and fixed its yellow eyes on me. 

“I am the Wolf Goddess and I have been charged as guardian to protect this sacred site.  I am also a goddess of the moon and my powers wax and wane with the shifting phases of the moon.  I am at my most powerful at the time of the full moon, which is why you have been sent on this mission at this time.  You will need my aid to pass through the first set of gates into the courtyard beyond.”


The Wolf Goddess strode up to the golden gate.  Her howl would have brought down the very gates of hell but at the sound of her call some deep magic of the goddesses of old was invoked.  The gates did not open, but their physical form dissipated into a golden mist.

The Wolf Goddess turned to me, “Slave Nano, my power can only hold the gate open for so long. Go now.  May the goddesses give you courage and strength.  Much rests on completing your mission.  Do not fail.”

Author profile

Slave Nano writes stories drawing on the themes of female supremacy, goddess worship, bondage, domination and submission, sado-masochism and fetish, frequently in fantasy, paranormal or historical settings.

His work usually has dominant female characters and submissive males. His stories explore the tensions between dominant and submissive and the boundaries between pain and pleasure, physical and mental bondage and retribution and reward. 

Slave Nano lives in Yorkshire in the United Kingdom.  He works full time and juggles his writing with this.  His work has been published by Xcite Books and House of Erotica.

Find out more about Slave Nano at www.slavenano.co.uk


Share/Bookmark

0 comments: