BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Victoria Blisse: Why I write Curvy Romance


Welcome Victoria Bliss, author of rosy, raunchy romance with an English twist. I love Victoria’s stories because she writes about real women, not stick figures that most of us can’t relate to. Naughty Rendezvous is one of my favourites. At one time I was a single mother and I love how Victoria explored that aspect of the heroine. And of course there’s a hunky hero and lots of romance. Enjoy the steamy excerpt! And don’t forget to leave a comment. Victoria is here today as part of her Naughty Rendezvous blog tour. If you comment on this post or one of her other stops you’ll have a chance to win one of these prizes:


A  Print novel, Tempting Rendezvous.
All three eBooks in the Getting Together trilogy.
A copy of the eBook Restoration.


More about the giveaway later, now here’s Victoria…

Why I write Curvy Romance.

Naughty Rendezvous is part of Xcite's Ultimate curves range and I love to write rubenesque heroines. Why? I wanted to represent women like me. I've got a whole bunch of curves and I'm not afraid to use them!

A lot of heroines that I read about in all kinds of romance were skinny with perky tits and a tasty arse. Okay,  so you'd get the occasional glasses wearing geek but as soon as she kisses her hero she takes off her glasses and ta da! Little miss svelte and perfect.

Now, I believe every person of every size is sexy, I'm not anti-thin in any way, shape or form, I just wanted to read about more women like me. Curvy girls are so prevalent in the world but so often we're left feeling fat and frumpy. I wanted to write fiction that would help women with wonderfully wiggly and wobbly bits know that they are sexy too.

Leanna in Naughty Rendezvous is a bit like me. She's got the same body frame and certainly some of the same hang ups. It was good to write out those insecurities and to have Joe reveal just how insignificant Leanna's fears are. I have a brilliant husband who does the same for me on a daily basis.

I hope that when people read Naughty Rendezvous they come away feeling somewhat empowered to be sexy just as they are. The key to it, I think is simply recognising your own beauty and having the confidence to revel in it. Everyone deserves to see themselves in a good light.

Now I'm going to share an excerpt from Naughty Rendezvous which highlights Leanna's hang ups and how Joe helps her deal with them. It's kinda sexy too ¨C bonus!
       
       "I was hoping you slept in the nude." He smiled and I blush in response.


        "I spent so long trying to work out what to wear and all along I'd have been best of just staying nude. Typical." I laughed to cover my embarrassment, then leapt into bed and under the duvet.
     
        "Hey, I was enjoying the view." He frowned, then unbuttoned his shirt.


         "It's okay, darlin'. I'll soon warm you up." He tosses away his top then his trousers and boxers drop into a pile on my floor and I admire his long, firm legs as he strides to the bed. He slips under the duvet and wraps his arms around me, holding me tightly to his chest.


      "That's better." I sigh, the contentment of such a hug overwhelming me. I enjoy the sensation of my breasts being crushed against his warm, hard chest and snuggle closer, throwing an arm over his waist, too.

       
       He gently strokes my back and my body instantly heats up. I lift my head and our lips press hard against each other. His kiss is like rum blazing across my lips, slipping down my throat and heating my whole body with its flames. Our bodies rub together and my nakedness becomes a plus, not an embarrassing minus.

        He pushes me over onto my back. He is above me, smiling at me between passionate kisses. My hands pull him close, crushing his chest down on mine. I can feel his hardness nudging between my thighs and his hips undulating, tickling my crotch and making me long for more than a fleeting touch.

      
"So damn hot," he groans, nipping at my ear and down my neck into my cleavage. As he nibbles on my breasts, my arms loosen and fall down to the bed beside me. My body flows like hot butter and I surrender to the melting heat of his kisses.

      
      He must have been waiting for my arms to slacken. As soon as they hit the bed, he shifts his weight and grasps one, pulling it above my head. Swaying the other way, he captures that arm, pulling it above my head also.

     "Leave these hands here," he orders, looking down on me with the most delightfully lustful gaze.   


      "Or will I have to tie them there?"


     "Yes, Sir," I reply, once more playing the game, the nervous excitement screwing up inside my stomach, the anticipation making me light-headed.

    
His lips return to my neck, my cleavage and lower down onto my stomach. I'm so exposed as he rolls the duvet down behind him. With my arms stretched above my head, I am displaying every curve of my body to his sight.

      "Gorgeous," he growls as his nose nudges the curls at my crotch, then lower, trailing through the dew-covered down until he reaches the soft, ample folds of my eager pussy. He nudges my thighs wider with his shoulders, and I happily spread them for him. My arms above my head makes me feel as if I am surrendering to him, giving over everything I have for his pleasure.

        
I groan my frustration as his lips leave their promising trail and he sits back on his heels. I sense his eyes tracing over every inch of me. Feeling shame, I can't help but drop my arms across my chest even though his caressing gaze is exciting me.

       "I warned you," he tuts as he slips off the bed and pulls the belt from his pants. All kinds of images flash before my mind's eye as he strides across to me, his hard cock straining between his thighs. Relief floods me as he pulls my arms above my head and tightens his belt around them, just till the leather bites slightly into my skin, but not tight enough to cause me any real discomfort.

        "Now, naughty girl, if those hands get in the way of my viewing pleasure again, I will be forced to take stronger action, do you hear me?"
      
        "Yes, Sir," I reply, my heart thumping in my chest.

       "Good. I want to see you, to drink you in. I've imagined your body naked so many times and now I have the opportunity to see it, I don't want to miss a single detail."

       His words soothe and arouse me. A little burn of embarrassment remains in me as he climbs between my thighs and views my body once again but mostly I feel lust. I long for more than just his gaze on my body, and as if he heard my unspoken plea, his hands reach down and stroke down the outside of my thighs, sweeping down to my knees.

If you'd like to read more about Joe and Leanna Naughty Rendezvous is available from Xcite now. Sensual Rendezvous, the second book in the series is also available and the third story, Wild Rendezvous will be available on the 15th  December. 
Tempting Rendezvous, the print version that comprises all the above novellas is also available now, so lots of ways to get more curvy goodness.

Naughty Rendezvous

Joe gives Leanna her perfect punishment.

Joe likes to tease and single mum Leanna loves it too. When they meet up for their first official date, the sparks fly but who's going to crack first? Will Joe's intimate questions and kiss and run tactics bring Leanna to her knees or will Leanna's curves, flashed in moments of exhibition drive Joe to rip off all her clothes and indulge his urges?

How will she react to Joe's domination and will she be turned on by his spankings? She's going to be a naughty girl, so she's bound to find out.


Meet The Author
Victoria Blisse is a Mother, Wife, Christian, Manchester United Fan and Award Winning Erotica Authoress.
She is equally at home behind a laptop or a cooker and she loves to create stories, poems, cakes and biscuits that make people happy. She was born near Manchester, England and her northern English quirkiness shows through in all of her stories. Passion, love and laughter fill her works, just as they fill her busy life.
If you want to keep up to date with what’s going on in the world of Blisse check me out at:

Comment on this post or any in the Naughty Rendezvous Blog Tour http://www.writermarketing.co.uk/prpromotion/blog-tours/currently-on-tour/victoria-blisse/ and you will be in with a chance to win one of these prizes:

A Print novel, Tempting Rendezvous.All you need to do is comment on this post and make sure your email address is included there somewhere (feel free to type as  myname AT myemailprovider DOT com to avoid attracting spam!) and your comment will be counted in the draw.

A Print novel, Tempting Rendezvous.
All three eBooks in the Getting Together trilogy.
A copy of the eBook Restoration.

One comment per blog will be counted but there are 10 blogs in the Naughty Rendezvous blog tour and if you comment on all of them that gives you 10 chances to win!

Victoria Blisse will choose the three winners on the 4th December and will announce them on
http://www.victoriablisse.co.uk.
http://www.writermarketing.co.uk/prpromotion/blog-tours/currently-on-tour/victoria-blisse/
Good Luck!



Bookmark and Share


Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

Victoria Blisse said...

Hi Gale, you're an absolute sweetie! Thanks for your lovely comments and for hosting me today. :)

Gale Stanley said...

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful tour!

Anne said...

I enjoyed the excerpt, Victoria. Is this a BDSM or just a little playing around with the belt?

It is nice to have a curvy main character since here in the States, something like 70% of us are "curvy". I think I've only read one or two romance books where the heroine is truely curvy and not what most of us would call thin with a bit extra in the chest or butt.

Got a kick out of you calling your husband "brilliant". That is So British. It's rarely used here even when refering to someone's intelligence.

acm05atjuno.com

Calisa Rhose said...

Nice post ladies. Real characters are so important.

Liz said...

gracious! that was HOT! I love this--and am going to writing a "real" (read: curvy) woman into my next story.
well done!
Liz

Victoria Blisse said...

Anne -It is a BDSM story but it is the lighter side of the kink, so a bit of submission, a dash of dominance, a sprinkling of spankings and a pinch of bondage!

I am glad you enjoyed the excerpt and I didin't realise Brilliant was such a Brit Term!

Calisa -Thanks and I totally agree!

Liz -I'm glad I inspired you!

Rose Anderson ~ Romance Novelist said...

So true about curves. Loved the 1st person perspective in Naughty Rendezvous and your comments on the wonderfully wiggly and wobbly bits. Victoria, that was fun. :)
~Rose