BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Confused & Foobarred Laptop


Writing has taken a backseat to techy stuff lately. My Dell laptop got foobarred somehow and my Windows 7 updates were not loading – eighty-two of them. I quick saved my files and loaded them on the old laptop.



Then I contacted Microsoft and we’ve been going back and forth for days. After running countless programs and umpteen copies and pastes we discovered my BITS (Background intelligent transfer service) file was MIA. I have no idea how this happened. I always run Malwarebytes and Avast and as far as I know I haven’t been hit with any bugs. My DH noticed that the updates stopped installing after Windows loaded Defender, so maybe that did it. Who knows?


Anyway the DH decided the best course of action was to wipe the drive and start over. He did the recovery and reloaded the drivers, updates, Avast and Malwarebytes. Guess I know what I’ll be doing today - re-installing programs and all the files I saved.




Bookmark and Share


Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

JP said...

Sounds like you got a "new" laptop!