BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Waiting for Irene...



I'm in Pennsylvania nervously waiting for hurricane Irene to make her presence felt. There's no sign of her yet, but we're as ready as we'll ever be. We filled the cupboards yesterday and brought the outdoor furniture inside. There's plenty of batteries for the flashlights and my Kindle is charging. I'm thankful we cut down our dead trees last year. My DH is at work but he should be leaving shortly.

I've checked in with family and friends who are making their preparations to weather the storm. My brother is scheduled to work today and tomorrow. I'm hoping he sleeps over at his workplace because I don't want to think about him driving tomorrow.

We have a condo in Ocean City MD and according to the news reports, we'll be hit pretty hard there. Only 300 people remain on the island. The wind is already over 40 miles an hour and the waves are 6 to 8 feet.

If my internet holds out I'll post on Facebook. To everyone on the east coast - stay safe.



Bookmark and Share



Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Veronica Victorian said...

You stay safe as well Gale. We're getting a lot of rain and wind, but nothing like what's happening further north. I'm glad to know that you're charging your Kindle, when Florida got hit by those four hurricanes in '04 and Charlie wiped out electricity in Polk County for days, my family and I sat around playing board games and coloring. Yes, coloring, because it was either that or read the Bible and I chose to color.

Stay safe and I hope your brother and your DH and your condo are all okay.

Veronica Victorian said...

Okay, as soon as I posted my last comment the news started cut to a reporter in Ocean City, MD talking about the hurricane and the measures being taken to ensure safety to everyone.

Just thought that was ironic.

Gale Stanley said...

Hi Veronica, thanks so much. It's windy here and we have some leaks, but otherwise okay. My son just lost his electricity but so far we've had ours. I haven't heard about OC yet. Stay safe.