BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Medieval Murder Mystery


The manuscript for Spitfire Southwest Shifters: 2 was sent off August 19th and I had a new release yesterday, Symbiotic Mates: 4 Damian and the Doctor so I promised myself a little break.


Saturday night was movie night. The DH made a ton of popcorn and we watched The Name of the Rose. I saw it back in 1986 when it first came out and it left a lasting impression. When it was released in Blue-ray I had to have it and watching it the second time was just as good as the first. Great movies withstand the test of time. This is an intriguing adaptation of Umberto Eco's medieval mystery. It takes place in a forbidding and realistic 14th-century Benedictine monastery. The characters are grotesque, especially Ron Perlman as Salvatore. There's also a fifteen year-old Christian Slater, F. Murray Abraham and Sean Connery. Mysterious deaths, the Inquisition and hidden ancient manuscripts, it doesn't get much better than this.


Now it's back to work and I have a few giveaways planned for this week. Here's a heads up.


On Monday August 22, I'll be at IRMC Books - Interracial and Multicultural Books for excerpt Monday with an excerpt and giveaway for One Night in Bangkok.


http://www.irmcbooks.com/?cat=14

And on August 28 I'll be blogging and having another giveaway at Coffee Time Romance.


http://coffeetimeromance.com/CoffeeThoughts/

Have a great week and Happy Reading!


Bookmark and Share



Share/Bookmark

0 comments: