BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Welcome to My YaHell


Anyone know a good web hosting service?


I thought I had one. Boy was I wrong. I’ve used Yahoo email for years so when I decided to get a domain name and set up a new website I went with Yahoo.


There were a few glitches here and there but nothing major. Until today. I tried to access my mailbox from Yahoo’s main site and a page popped up that said:

****

The page cannot be displayed


The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.


________________________________________


Please try the following:


• Click the Refresh button, or try again later.


• If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.


• To check your connection settings, click theTools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).


• Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.


• If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.


• Click the Back button to try another link.


502 - Cannot find server or DNS Error


****
Okay, I tried again. This time I got into my mailbox and a second later – you guessed it - the error page popped up. Several tries later I contacted Yahoo and got a live chat with Chad. He told me to clean my browser’s cache and disable the third party extensions. Didn’t help. Next he sent me a link to download Mozilla FireFox. You got to be kidding me! I told him I’m perfectly happy with IE. After thirty minutes chatting, he told me it had to be my ISP. Goodbye.

Now my nails are chewed down to my cuticles and steam is coming out of my ears. I went into my Yahoo business account and found an 800 number. Dave answered my call. He went into my account and came back with the good news – he duplicated my problem, so it definitely isn’t my ISP. (this is good news!?) The bad news – he couldn’t fix it.

Dave consulted his engineers who tried to rebuild my mailbox. Still didn’t work. Now they have to dig deeper and it could take 3 to 5 days to fix. This is a business account damnit! We’re not talking personal email, which is bad enough. This is something I pay for.

Calm down.

If anyone needs me, I’m on Facebook. And I have gmail.


I need coffee and aspirin.

to be continued…


Bookmark and Share


Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Christine Bell said...

Bleh. That's terrible. I don't even know what I would do. I am embarassed at how much majorly important info etc. I keep on my email. I even use it to email my work to myself in lieu of backing up my files *blush* I know, STOOPID!
I truly hope they are able to solve your problem quickly and without any lasting issues. Lousy way to start the day.

Gale Stanley said...

I do the same. Everything is in my email. I feel like I'm in limbo. Thanks for listening to me vent.

Calisa Lewis said...

Eh- I hate Yahoo. I have an email there strictly to join Yahoo Groups but I never use the email. On another note- I do use Mozilla Firefox browser. Why? Because I had too many issues with IE and because Mozilla uses FAR less memory to run it so it runs faster (for me). I also have IE but only use it for some sites that won't open with Mozilla (very, very rarely).

But- as for another website- I am about to take a workshop for RWA PROs in April on how to build a website/blog myself with WordPress. Now I'm a huge Blogger fan so I don't know how this will go for me-it's supposed to be easy-peasy and free- but it's something you might look into.

Hope you get this fixed/worked out soon.

Gale Stanley said...

It's been a rough go but it's working now. Fingers crossed. I tried WordPress but I didn't have any luck with it. Blogger seemed much easier for me. I probably should have taken a class or a tutorial. Let me know how it goes, maybe I'll give it a shot again.