BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Trying to Beat the Winter Blahs


I hate the winter. It’s cold, it snowed again and I feel claustrophobic and cooped up. This gloomy weather is making me grumpy and giving me the munchies. By the time spring rolls around I’ll be rolling around with ten pounds of extra weight that I need like a hole in my head.

I think I have Seasonal Affective Disorder. This is for real. Millions of Americans suffer from SAD. It’s a biological condition caused by a deficiency of sunlight and it causes depression, lethargy, and a craving for sweets and starch.

Yesterday I decided I needed to do something about it. Here's my short list.

Exercise – There’s no excuse. I have a treadmill.

Make a dent in my to be read pile.

Clean out the storage room that used to be my basement.

Start writing a new story that takes place in a warm setting.

Catch up with The Weekend Novelist.

So how do you stay cheery during the cold winter months? Any help will be greatly appreciated?


Bookmark and Share


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Calisa Lewis said...

I like your list of dos to chase away the winter blahs. We finally got snow here and are expecting more tomorrow. I'm sick of it already and miraculously this year we've just had it for a week. So usually I get wrapped in a good book or nonstop movies. This year, however, is different. I have my 50K word medical to revise and hopefully sell!

Gale Stanley said...

I'm rooting for you! I can't wait to read it!