BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Victoria Blisse talks about * Writing places *



I want to thank my guest today, Victoria Blisse, who will be sharing how she picked the setting for her new story - Sweet Surrender.

Some books could take place anywhere in the world. Okay so they might be set in the town or the country but past that you don’t feel the location really matters. I sometimes write like that but my latest release, Sweet Surrender is not like that at all.


In fact the location of the story is probably the first thing I decided on when I started to write. Scarborough is a large town on the east coast of Britain which is a famous tourist destination. I have been visiting Scarborough since I was little. I was four the first year we first went and I’ve been every year for a holiday since bar one where we spent the holiday in Wales talking about what we’d be doing if we were in Scarborough! So, I’m not going to let on how old I am but I’ve been holidaying there for over 2 decades now.


Now, you’re probably wondering where I got the idea for an erotic story from based on my family holiday destination. Well, I’ve taken several holidays in Scarborough with my husband and only my husband. One year we ended up exploring areas that I’d never been to before and we found this little area of parkland filled with trees and wild lawns and flower beds. It was just off one of the main roads but it was really quiet and secluded and romantic and…well, if you read sweet surrender you will be able to work out where that story is leading too!


So Location was very important to me when writing this particular story and I hope I managed to capture the magic of my favourite place in the whole wide world. So here’s a question for you, is location important to you when you’re reading a story or do other things like plot and character matter much more? I’d love to hear your views.


If you want to read more about my beloved Scarborough and enjoy a voyeuristic romp through one woman’s submissive character you should give Sweet Surrender a try!


Blurb:
She doesn’t know what she wants but he does.

How do you mend a broken heart?

Helen goes on holiday to Scarborough and meets Tom. He is an attractive local artist who takes Helen on a tour of the sweet seaside town. Tom becomes more than just her guide as his dominant nature brings out her own submissive side and a shared joy of exhibitionism.

Thanks for having me Gale, it’s been a pleasure blogging here!

Visit Books & Blurbs to read an excerpt from Sweet Surrender.


Sweet Surrender is available from Total-E-Bound now!
http://www.total-e-bound.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=&P_ID=1039





Bookmark and Share


Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

Victoria Blisse said...

Thanks for having me, Gale!