BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 28, 2011

The Human Centipede


What do you do when you’re snowed in? I watch movies. We’ve had a lot of snow, 17 inches yesterday, and I’ve watch a lot of movies but none of them have stuck in my mind like The Human Centipede.


I’m a horror fan who’s watched some deranged movies – the entire series of Saw, Hellraiser and Hostel are among my favorites. So when I came across this blurb on Amazon it caught my interest.

Equal parts Cronenbergian body horror, perverse fetish film, and E.C. Comics-style gross-out, The Human Centipede is Dutch director Tom Six's uniquely macabre endurance test for fans of modern fright fare.

Human Centipede seems to be on its way to becoming one of those oddball cult films - I had to have it. Well, it’s certainly unique. (see the blurb below) but it's also cheesy and boring at times. German actor, Dieter Laser, who plays the mad doctor is the best thing in it. His over-the-top performance kept me interested. As for the boast that it’s 100% medically accurate, I just don’t believe it. My final grade – a D for being different.


I can’t wait till it snows again. Splice is next on my watch list.


 
 
Amazon Product Description:


100% Medically accurate.
The compelling simplicity of Saw. The stylish dread of Eraserhead. The black humor of A Nightmare On Elm Street. Those are the benchmarks of horror that the outrageous Dutch film The Human Centipede matches. The plot is diabolically simple: two stranded American tourists are given shelter by a famed German doctor (a maniacally intense Dieter Laser) who made his fortune surgically separating conjoined twins. Now his mad genius is pushing the doctor to do the reverse. He tells the women that they will be surgically attached to a Japanese businessman mouth to buttocks, one after the other and thus will be born a new creature: the human centipede! Compellingly perverse, hilarious, and shockingly straightforward, Dutch director Tom Six s new film is hands-down the most memorable horror film of the year.


Bookmark and Share


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Julie Lynn Hayes said...

Wow, a woman after my own heart, those are hard to find! I've seen the first six Saw, as well as the first Hostel and two Hellraisers. I watched The Human Centipede on netflix - watch it now. I found it to be better than I expected, and the ewwwww factor less. I hear that will change with the next one.

It isn't for the weak at heart, but it was interesting. Did you see Midnight Meat Train? It was okay until the end, and then I was like WTF? Are you serious?

Can't wait to see Saw VII and Hostel 2!

Gale Stanley said...

Awesome! People usually look at me like I have 3 heads if I say I love horror movies. Did you say there's going to be another Centipede? I hadn't heard that. And yes, I saw Midnight Meat Train. I have all the movies based on Clive Barker's stories (his books too). Vinnie Jones was great. I saw the ending coming. I knew Bradley would be sorry for getting involved.