BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, December 23, 2010

A New Year's date with The Weekend Novelist


Have you made your New Year’s resolution yet?


I have and it’s all about an unfinished, barely started manuscript.


Way back in April of this year I embarked on a project with Delilah Devlin, Elle James and the other wonderful ladies at Rose’s Colored Glasses. For those of you who aren’t familiar with the group, it’s a place where writers can learn about writing, receive one-on-one assistance understanding the basics of writing or join group workshops to learn the different elements of creating a saleable manuscript.


Our goal was to work through the book, The Weekend Novelist by Robert J. Ray and Bret Norris.


“A Dynamic 52-week program to help you produce a novel …
One weekend at a time.”


I didn’t get very far - intro and skeleton sketch – before I found myself falling behind. Fortunately for me, everyone else did too. We all agreed to put off the project until next year. Time flies and here it is, almost next year and we’re gearing up again. I’m really excited. I still have the bare bones plot in my head and the notes from April. This time I have every intention of sticking with it. It’s my New Year’s resolution for 2011. I’ll be posting my progress meter and updates to keep me on the straight and narrow. Stop back and give me push every now and then...




Bookmark and Share


Share/Bookmark

0 comments: