BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 13, 2010

My Morning with Rachael Ray

Anyone watch the Rachael Ray show? I have to admit I never turn the TV on until 6:30 pm when TMZ comes on. This morning as I sat in the hospital waiting room while my husband had his stress test I got to see what I’ve been missing.

I settled in, took out my new Blackberry and checked email. When I saw all the work coming in I got agita and put it away. I had three hours to kill and a loaded Kindle in my bag. Perfect. I was just getting into a good romance when someone came in and turned on the TV. Urgh!

At first I could tune it out, but then Rachael came on and it was like fingernails on a chalkboard. Does anyone else find her voice annoying? Or is it just me? I read the same paragraph three times and then locked myself in the bathroom. This worked only until someone needed to use it. The next time I reached my limit I took a walk down the hall. I didn’t want to go too far because I was there in case they needed me.

Finally the last person left the waiting room and I turned the sound down on the TV. Five minutes later my husband came walking out, ready to leave. Gee, time passes fast when you’re having fun. Of course my husband thinks I’m nuts. He loves Rachael. I’m just glad to be back home where it’s quiet…


Bookmark and Share


Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Rachel Lynne said...

Had a nice morning, did you? :)
I get irritated waiting, no matter what is going on around me! I grit my teeth and count to ten but the mountain of things I should be doing instead of wasting time waiting just ... even thinking about it raises my blood pressure!
Like you, I don't turn on the TV until evening, usually, and then I'm only half listening- the laptop sits on my lap-because ... duh, it's a "lap-top"! (my husband is always after me for having the computer open when the TV is on, the above, is my standard response.)
Rachael Ray has great cooking ideas: I love her efficiency angle and her use of common and/or inexpensive ingredients; BUT, her voice is definitely grating!
Hope your husband is well and that the rest of your day is pleasant!

Gale Stanley said...

Thanks! My husband had bypass at an early age but thankfully the stress tests have been good since.
I'm definitely with you on the whole time wasting thing. I always carry a book with me. (Now it's the Kindle) And when a commercial comes on the TV I go back to the book or laptop.

Maeve said...

I am so with you on leaving that TV off! I admire Rachel Ray for her business savvy, intelligence and cooking skills but when I'm trying to tweak a paragraph and my husband is sitting in his recliner critiquing her latest meal - I grit my teeth so hard they nearly crack! I'm glad you're hubby's doing well. Happy holidays, Gale!

Gale Stanley said...

Thanks Maeve! Why do all the men seem to like her? LOL It must be the recipes.
Have a good holiday!