BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hunks In Hardhats Invade My Beach



I got up this morning thinking I’d see the same old boring view – sun, sand and surf. Instead I saw a hunky blond ponytail in a hardhat and boots. On my beach. Under my balcony.




 Was I still asleep, dreaming about a plot for my next book? No. It was all real and it could only mean one thing. It’s time to fix the beach.



 This was a really bad year for east coast beaches and OC was hit hard. The good news is that we were due for beach replenishment anyway. It’s done every four years. The bad news is that the project had to be expanded because we had so much erosion. There’s more to it than making a bigger beach. The beach and dune system protects the properties and the island behind them – kind of like a levee system.



 The idea is to pump sand from the ocean floor onto the beach. I watched the process last year and it is fascinating, not to mention all the man candy. This will go on until November. Of course I’ll have to stick around and document everything. Hey sometimes we have to sacrifice for the sake of research.

 Gotta run. It’s time for my walk.


To be continued.










Bookmark and Share


Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Author Casey Sheridan said...

At least there's the hunking blond in a hard hat and boots. That's always nice to wake up to. =)

Danielle said...

lol How come I don't get any man candy to eyeball in my backyard. Life is so unfair. :( LOL

Gale Stanley said...

Sometimes you just get lucky. I took an especially long walk today.

Riley Quinn said...

Walked right by all the hunks, right, Gale. Lucky you. Maybe you could ask them to pose for you for research purposes. And then you'd need to share with all of us. Brainstorming, you know.

Gale Stanley said...

LOL. I'm waiting until they take their shirts off.