BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Don’t Play the Waiting Game


I can’t believe it’s September already. This summer passed in a blur of writing frenzy. And there is no rest for the weary. Yesterday I submitted CAPTIVE to the publisher and promptly fell asleep across my keyboard. I vowed I’d take a break last night. Instead I wrote a piece for a guest blog I have coming up on Savvy writers later in the month.

Today I’m thinking about three new projects. Glutton for punishment. No. The fact is I gotta get those ideas down before they evaporate like so much smoke in the wind. Besides it keeps me sane. The writer's emotional rollercoaster that goes from anticipation to fear to dread, plays havoc with the nervous system. Instead of sitting here biting my nails and worrying about responses, rejections and reviews, I rolled up my sleeves and got back to work.


 Here’s what’s coming up. It looks like The Roses are putting off our WEEKEND NOVELIST project until year. This is a good thing for me and I voted for it. I’ve already replaced the project meter with a new one for book four of the BLACK WOLF GORGE series, only it’s not BLACK WOLF GORGE anymore. The setting is now New Mexico, where the majority of the clan resides, and the series will take on a new name, which I haven’t thought of yet. The second project is book 2 of THE GENTLEMEN’S CLUB. And I have an idea for a Valentine story for Silver’s Anthology.

So get busy out there and happy writing!




Bookmark and Share


Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Riley Quinn said...

Sounds like you're going to be busy again. Make sure you get enough rest. Your muse needs it too.

I've got two new projects coming up too. I've the characterization about done for one and starting for another. Soon plotlines and then writing. All while finishing my revisions. I'm right there with you.

Have fun!

Denise said...

Whew! You need a nap! Exciting news about your new projects. Can't wait to see how they shape up. Take care and see you soon!

Denise Golinowski