BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Point Of Beginning


Breaking news! After working nonstop yesterday I hit 20,197 words and completed the novella. And it has a title now. POINT OF BEGINNING is a contemporary gay romance, hopefully the first in a series.

P.O.B. is special because the characters do a job that I did in another life. One is a surveyor, the other a CAD drafter. Actually I did both jobs. I started as a transit person on a survey crew. It’s outside work and I enjoyed it but it’s tough for a woman to find a clean public bathroom. And carrying the transit got old. Yeah, when I started they still used a transit and a level. Now it’s a total station and GPS. Eventually I came inside and became a drafter and CAD manager.

I guess we put a little bit of ourselves in each book. The rest is imagination and sheer love for my characters. And now it’s time to send them out into the world, always a stressful thing, because we want everyone to love them as much as we do. So I’m crossing my fingers and heading back to Black Wolf Gorge.

Happy writing!


Bookmark and Share


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Riley Quinn said...

Congrats on finishing! How cool that you inserted a bit of yourself in there. Good luck with the new series.

Rachel Lynne said...

Congratulations on finishing and good luck with the new submission. Sounds like you had an interesting job!

Gale Stanley said...

Thanks! LOL At the time I didn't think so, but looking back, I can see it was a real education.