BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, August 6, 2010

Coming to the End of a Long Week

This has been one busy week. I already got my first edits back for SILENT KNIGHTS. I must be getting good at this. There were nowhere near as many as I expected. In fact I’ve already finished them and sent them back. I also filled out the cover detail sheet and sent that back. Silver Publishing has some beautiful covers on their website and I can’t wait to see what mine will look like.

I started the new novella. I have a beginning and an end, no middle. But that’s usually how it goes with me. I’ll work it from both ends and it will fall into place eventually. I’m also working on book 3 of the Black Wolf Gorge series. Keep an eye on those progress meters and you’ll see my numbers creeping up.

And promo, I’ve done lots of promo. I updated BOOKS & BLURBS. I posted excerpts of CALL OF THE WILDS on the loops, wrote blog posts and answered interview questions.

But it hasn’t been all work. Last night a good friend, and I do mean good, took us out for the best steak of my life. We went to the Texas Roadhouse and I got to pick out my own 12 oz. filet. It was grilled to perfection, pink inside but not bloody. But I’m jumping ahead. We started with the Cactus Blossom, crispy onion petals with zesty dipping sauce. And the absolute best rolls with cinnamon butter. I had a salad and baked sweet potato with my steak and cleaned my plate. It was a great way to end a grueling week and gave me renewed energy for the weekend. Have a great one!


Bookmark and Share


Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Laurie Ryan said...

Wow. You have had a busy week. Sometimes, I feel like promo takes the lion's share of our time, as authors.
Oh, I just noticed those progress meters. WAY cool!
Enjoy your weekend,
Laurie Ryan

Gale Stanley said...

I feel the same. I start doing some promo stuff and before I know it the day is gone. You can get the progress meters from writertopia.com
You have a good one too!

Denise said...

Awesome news about Silent Knights! And I'm excited about your new project. You're starting out with more than I usually start with. I'm envious. Oh, and I'm absolutely drooling over your description of dinner. Gotta check out Texas Roadhouse for myself.

Denise Golinowski - Fantasy With a Kiss of Romance

The Festival of The Flowers: The Courtesan & The Scholar
Available 9/1/10 from The Wild Rose Press

Gale Stanley said...

We're headed back there next week. The kids are all steak lovers and chomping at the bit to try it. Hey your release date is getting close.
Exciting!