BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 21, 2010

The Object Of My Desire

I'm not a person who buys a lot of tech gadgets or appliances but when I was in New Jersey watching the grandkids, I fell in love with a coffee maker. Call me crazy but maybe those of you who are addicted to coffee will understand. The item in question was the Keurig B60, a single-cup brewer. I used it every day – no muss, no fuss.

What did I like best about the Keurig? Everything. It was ridiculously easy to use. No filters, no grinds and no waste. No more dumping a half pot of coffee every morning. Is there anything worse than coffee that's been sitting around for awhile. Yech! I had a fresh cup every time. There were so many varieties of coffee and tea to try and I even used it to heat water. Did I mention how fast it was? 30 seconds for a cup.

I wanted my own but these things are not cheap. So I decided to use it as motivation to get my manuscript finished and submitted. It worked. I slaved over the darn thing until this morning and finally sent it off. I changed the title to Mating Call. It seems to fit better. Hope they like it.

The prize was for submitting so off I went to Target to purchase my reward. They had one left. I don't know what I would have done if they were out. Probably pitched a fit in the middle of the store. It came with a variety of K-cups and of course, I had to try it. Yum!

My husband laughed at me and asked if I was leaving him. Huh? He reminded me of the episode on Boston Legal when a lawyer's girlfriend left him for an iPhone. She had objectophilia. Okay, time to stop talking about the Keurig.

Seriously, haven't you ever obsessed over a material item?


Bookmark and Share


Share/Bookmark

8 comments:

Jeannene Walker said...

Good for you girl. I think I'll have to do that for this WIP. My hubby thinks I'm procrastinating. I just have a life is all.

Gale Stanley said...

I know what you mean. Sometimes I feel like I need to be tied to the chair. Working for a prize is more fun. Book 3 should go fast. I promised myself a Kindle or a Nook.

Maeve said...

If you ask me, it was "meant to be". They had one left and it was yours. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I'm a coffee addict and I'm PROUD. Congratulations!

Gale Stanley said...

Thank goodness - I was beginning to think I was really weird. But really how do people who don't drink coffee get started in the AM?

Penny Rader said...

Dr. Pepper :D

Gale Stanley said...

Diet Pepsi with lemon, if I'm not drinking coffee.

Denise said...

Oh, I'm so jealous. I want one bad. I drink coffee every day at the day job. On the week-ends it's harder even with a smaller 4 cup pot I feel so wasteful. A single cup system would be heavenly and maybe I'll put that on the list of rewards. I'm due a reward. As for object obsession, I'm embarressed to say how many I've fallen prey to and acquired by hook or by crook. Let's just say motivation is good, no matter what form it takes!

Gale Stanley said...

I really love this. I'd make myself a pot in the morning and end up dumping half of it. If you're a coffee drinker you need one of these. I have a Kindle on my list now (or a Nook) haven't decided.