BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Blog or Website? Or Both?

For a long time I've been wanting to get rid of the old Verizon website. I have 2 blogs, this one and Notes From Camp Swampy where I post book reviews. That seemed like more than enough exposure to create a presence on the web. But then there was the whole domain thing. I went with Yahoo because I've used their email forever and I belong to so many Yahoo groups. It was a simple matter to get a domain and link the email address with my old one. They offered me the option of web hosting and I decided to try it. I've been playing around with a site and I finally put something together and published it.


http://galestanley.net/ is now online.


Do I really need it? The only reason I can come up with is consistency. While a blog is newsy and frequently puts out fresh content, a website is more static and provides a place to showcase your work. What do you think? Is it really necessary to have both.?


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I have both.
I like that the website is static and can showcase the books and important information. The blog is essential for keeping everyone up to date and sharing day to day events.
I do see many authors use a blog as their website. They get a domain name for their blog and use the 'pages' feature for the static things.
Whatever works best for you ;)

Riley Quinn said...

I have both too. I know for me, if I'm interested in an author, it's easier to go to their website to find their backlist. Ultimately it's up to you. Looks good though.

GPS said...

Thanks, Riley and Stacey. I thought the same. It's mainly a showcase for the backlist. Think I'll keep things status quo for now.