BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, March 18, 2010

I'm WWW - Weary, Worn-out and Whacked

Tuesday night I started pulling my hair out. After frustrating hours trying to put my website together, I finally fell into bed at 2:00 AM. I figured I'd look at it with new eyes in the morning - NOT!

Wednesday morning I couldn't look at anything. I couldn't even access my domain. The software wasn't at fault. It was all me. I'd put together a site and ftp'd the files but it didn't look right so I deleted the files and foobarred everything. At that point there was only one thing I could do - yell for help and hope for the best. Yahoo came through and reinstalled the folder that I shouldn't have deleted.

Okay, back to square one. Why am I driving myself crazy with HTML and CSS when I can use the old WYSIWYG method - drag and drop? Yahoo makes this easy with their Site Solutions. So I'm going to try it the easy way and hopefully be up and running next week.

Today hubby and I are leaving for the beach. It's not the R & R you're imagining. It's getting - Ready for Rental season. We'll be back on Sunday so I'm not bringing a lot of clothes. But I've got the important stuff - my laptop and nine books. Jeez, maybe it's time to get an ereader.


Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Riley Quinn said...

So sorry to hear about your website woes, Gale. Too bad your weekend away isn't rest and relaxation. Sounds like you could use it. Hope things go better from here on out. Oh, and yes, an ereader is a good investment for book people like us.

Rachel Lynne said...

Gale, use the websites for dummies prgrams. I used GoDaddy's Website Tonight and had minimal problems. They don't offer much for the header picture but other than that, I'm a happy camper :)

Too bad you're not going to the beach for fun, it sounds like just what you need. In between projects dip your toes in the water and do some beachcombing, you'll have a clearer mind, and possibly some blue toes! Brrr, that water is still COLD!

I want an e-reader too but I'm waiting. They'll come down or someone will make a better mouse trap. From what I've heard, Kindle doesn't let you buy from anyone but amazon and I buy my e-books directly from the publisher's sites so ...

Denise said...

Gale, I hope you can unwind while you're unwrapping your beach property for rental season. Treat yourself to some good meals out and definitely a stroll on the beach EVERY DAY! Then come back and start anew With Well Wishes from us all!

Julia Barrett said...

Been through this. I feel your pain!

GPS said...

I'm here looking at the ocean and I feel better already. I'll worry about the website tomorrow.`Wish you all were here too.

Maeve said...

I can sooo relate! The dreaded Geeksters can gobble up your brain and spit you out before you know it. Try to relax this weekend!