BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 15, 2010

So many books, so little time...

Today I'm thinking about time and lack of it.

I've always been an avid reader and I've been writing book reviews for several years now, both for RT Book Reviews and on my other blog
Notes from Camp Swampy.

BTW, if you visit
Camp Swampy today you can find out about C.J. West's book tour. He has a book release next month - Gretchen Greene, the third book in the Randy Black series. I reviewed Sin & Vengeance last year. Loved it!

Anyway, I started off this morning thinking about books and reviews and how little time there is for reading these days. I have a To Be Read stack that you would not believe. And I usually read 2 or 3 books at a time. And I go to bed no earlier than 1am.

So how do you find time to read?

"A house without books is like a room without windows."
— Horace Mann


Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Denise said...

OMG, you're so spot on! I have a stack of books I'm dying to read and I can't get to them. Actually, I've never been a mulitple simultaneous reader, but to make even the teeniest dent in the stack, I've had to multi-task. I don't see how you can do it regularly. My tiny grey cells just can't keep up. But, the alternative is unthinkable! Give up reading! NEVER! So, I squeeze in a few pages while cooking, during commercials (yes, sigh, I also watch TV), while on hold, while eating. I look forward to seeing what other ways people manage to work reading into their schedules.

Rachel Lynne said...

Since I started writing I don't read nearly as much but I usually manage about two a month unless I'm on a deadline. I read before going to bed or I carry it with me and read while waiting for my daughter to finish classes.

Riley Quinn said...

I buy a lot of ebooks and use Stanza on my iPod touch. I carry it with me everywhere so if I'm waiting for something, I can whip it out and read a bit.

If you have a bit of a commute, you could try audio books. Not quite the same but when I lived in DC and had a horrendous commute, they kept me sane. Libraries usually have a pretty good selection of them.

GPS said...

Audio books would certainly help but I get so many books to review I'd have to buy them or hope I could find them in the library. I do read while I watch tv - mainly during the commercials. I mute them and pick up a book.