BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Meet My Muses

Buffy and Spike did the happy dance when I retired from the day job. I've gotten pretty fluent in cat speak and I heard them whispering - "she'll be at our beck and call all day." It didn't quite work out that way.


I spend long hours at the computer. Most of the time I'm in a world of my own. When Spike drops his mouse at my feet for a game of fetch, sometimes I don't even notice. Today he was really pissed. I had to nudge him off the keyboard several times while I tried to sprint. I couldn't really blame him.

All morning he let me bounce ideas off him, only speaking up when I had a really dumb idea. Buffy is the quiet one but she did her part. She's one hell of a paperweight. Sitting on my desk, like a little gargoyle, she let nothing slip to the floor. And when I didn't make my goal they let me put the blame on them. What could I do? I stopped everything and gave them the adulation they deserved. Then I opened a big can of Fancy Feast.


Share/Bookmark

9 comments:

Rachel Lynne said...

oh they are sooooo pretty! Give them a hug for me. They are a great excuse for leaving the sprints today without reaching your goal!

All hail the kitties!

JP said...

And while you're at it give them a hug and kiss from me. I miss them.

Rachel Lynne said...

LOL! I stopped by to gaze at the kitties again (did i mention I love cats?) and their names hit me.
Lord I'm slow in my old age!!

Buffy and Spike, I was so rooting for them to make a go of it. The tortured vamp Angel thing got old. GIve me smart mouth, bad boy Spike anyday!!

GPS said...

Ohhh yes! I had a thing for Spike too.

Riley Quinn said...

Love the names, Gale. They are beautiful and so sweet to put up with a writer for a mommy. Tolerant, too, if they let you blame them for not making goal.

GPS said...

They'll do anything for a few treats.

Maeve said...

What a couple of sweethearts! I don't see how you get anything done!!!

GPS said...

That's why I'm always behind. lol

Calisa said...

Aw- they're very pretty Gale. I smiled because dh has a male chihuahua named Spike who's very like your Spike when it comes to attention from dh.