BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 22, 2010

...just another Manic Monday

It's wonderful to wake up on a Monday morning and not be miserable. To start the week in a good frame of mind and ready to tackle whatever may come.

It wasn't always like this. A year ago I hated Mondays. I know I'm not the only one. Facebook even has a group called "I Hate Mondays." It has 13,567 members.

But I hated Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays as well. Even Sunday was miserable because I knew I had to go to work the next day. The only day I really liked was Saturday. Did I mention I hated my job? Twenty-six years of government bureaucracy and red tape takes its toll. And I was bored - ready to bust out of cubicle hell. I did the happy dance when I retired - in fact I'm still doing it.

BTW, I came up with a working title for the new book and had a productive weekend so I updated my progress meter.

It's wonderful to do something you love. It's Monday and I can't wait to get started.


Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Rachel Lynne said...

Congratulations on the Great Escape! I know how you feel but in a different way. I was a stay at home mother who did (still does) bookkeeping for my husband's company. I'm the CEO but that's just the glorified bookkeeper :) Even though I am soley responsible for the education of our child I felt... I don't know, unaccomplished maybe? When we'd get together with family and friends I felt like a nothing. I wasn't doing anything with my life or living up to my potential, as my high school English teachers would say :) I started writing, taking classes, improving my craft, got an editor interested in my work ... boy has my outlook changed. I feel ...professional. I "work at home" now. Feels good!

Great progress and hope to see you in the sprint chat room!

Riley Quinn said...

So happy to hear you're no longer miserable, Gale. It can definitely take its toll on you. Congrats on your productivity. Keep it up!

GPS said...

I hate when woman (or men) who stay in the home are devalued. There is no tougher job than raising children (I raised 3, and partly as a single mom) And home schooling makes it that much more difficult. Plus you did bookkeeping, that's awesome!

Denise said...

Congratulations on turning your life around. There's nothing worse than hating your job. We spend too much freakin' time there to be miserable, but far too many folks are just that. I've been blessed and while I enjoy my day job, I'd much rather be writing. Oh, and I like the title for the new WIP!

GPS said...

Thanks for the input on the title. So far everybody seems to like it. Maybe I'll stick with it.