BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 1, 2010

Domain Decisions

Up till now, I was content to roll with my free web space on Verizon and my free blog on blogger. But then I got the good news that Siren will be publishing my debut paranormal erotic romance in June. Whoo Hoo!!! Doing the happy dance again. Then the big debate started.

Should I get my own domain name? I did some research and there are definite plusses.
1. It looks professional and builds credibility
2. It's your own unique identity
3. It's easy to remember
4. It's permanent
5. It gives you more control

Still I held off. No one likes to change a site that's been around for awhile. Even if you point your domain name to your old site, glitchy things can happen. But just for the hell of it I plugged my name in to see if it was available. I knew it would be. Boy was I shocked to see it wasn't. Add a number 6 to the list. Grab your name before somebody else does. When I saw my name was still available with a .net address, I grabbed it. Eventually I will set up my new website. (You will be the first to know) because really which of these addresses is easier to remember?

http://mysite.verizon.net/bookworm.gp/index.html
or
http://www.galestanley.net

I've decided to keep my blogs, blogspot addresses and all, because I don't want to risk losing links and page rankings. After all, Camp Swampy has been around awhile. When the new website is up and running I'll provide links to my blogs. So I'm pretty happy to have my domain name.

Oh, and I have a cool new email address:

gale@galestanley.net

Keep in touch.


Share/Bookmark

1 comments:

JP said...

Gotta strike while the iron is hot!