BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, February 6, 2010

18" and Counting ~ My Winter Wonderland


I'm not a big fan of snow. Yes, it's pretty for awhile. As long as I can appreciate all that pristine whiteness from my window, with a hot cup of coffee in my hand, I'm loving it. But sooner or later I'll have to go outside and shovel two feet of heavy snowfall. When the governor of Pennsylvania declares a state of emergency, you know it's bad. These are the days I regret buying a house that sits on a corner with way too much sidewalk to be cleared.


When I was a kid, back in the ice age, I actually liked the stuff. The possibility of a day off from school made it all good. Then came all those working years when I had to worry about getting to the office - or waste my vacation time. Sometimes I drove. Once I was trapped behind a car that got stuck and I couldn't go anywhere for hours. Thank god, I had a strong bladder back then. Other times I stood in the cold and waited for public transportation - always a treat, even in good weather. Ah, those were the years...


When I retired from the day job, I thought I was home free. I could enjoy the snow again because I didn't have to go outside. It would be so nice to sit at the computer and enjoy the sight of everyone else trying to get their cars out of their driveways. The joy was short-lived. Where are all the young, strong kids who want to earn a few bucks shoveling? They're all busy on their cell phones and iPODs. What was I thinking? No, I don't have to worry about driving but I see a sore back in my immediate future.

Time to get the boots on. And where the heck am I going to put all this stuff. Did I mention how much I hate the snow. Grrrrr!


Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

JP said...

Oh Dear, it's time to showel!!!

Rachel Lynne said...

Don't miss that at all!!! I grew up with in Akron and my family lives in Meadville Pa and I worked there for two years.
I hate snow. I won't even go visit. They can come to Georgia were the sun shines!!

GPS said...

Wish I was there right now!

JP said...

Don't look now but there's another Nor'ester coming tomorrow. Could be an additional 20"!